I always buy my bananas in bulk from Springhaven Meadows as they sell local spray free bananas, and I usually freeze them or make a breakfast loaf. I already had a tray full of frozen bananas so I decided to experiment, making a delicious banana muffin recipe & banoffee tart recipe!
Here is the recipe I made for the banoffee tart.
For the base you have 2 options, raw or cooked. Cooked gives it that caramelised chewy texture and raw, well it's raw & delicious.
- 70g soft grass fed butter (or organic coconut oil for raw option)
- 1/2 cup or 90g organic pitted dates (can soak in boiling water first to make dates softer)
- 50g organic desiccated coconut
- 1 cup spray free almonds
Blend all ingredients into a sticky crumble mixture. Press into a prepared pie/tart dish and cook in oven at approx. 150 degrees until golden brown. This should only take 5-10mins. The remove from oven & let cool while you prepare the filling.
(For the raw version, omit the butter and use 70g organic coconut oil instead. Press mixture into prepared pie/tart dish and place in freezer while you make the filling)
- 1/2 cup or 90g organic pitted dates
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of pink salt
- 1 tbs organic coconut sugar